Advising Academic/University Communities Across The U.S.
At Klimek, Kolodney & Casale, P.C., we share a goal to help academic institutions welcome their international students from around the world, while at the same time meeting our country’s need to maintain national security. Our attorneys are equipped to address a broad spectrum of issues, including but not limited to:
- Export control of technical research
- Curriculum and optional practical training issues
- Compliance with all applicable governmental agencies
- Regulatory guidance and training for in-house legal departments
- Applicability and limitations of export license exceptions
- Technology transfer agreements
- Strategies for safeguarding university technology
- U.S. immigration for the academic community
When Technology Transfer Agreements Come Into Play
Protecting new scientific discoveries and technological breakthroughs from public disclosure is key to maintaining a competitive edge in the worldwide market and to fortifying our national security. To this end, U.S. governmental agencies often use different types of technology transfer agreements to safely exchange information and services with universities and other entities.
The most common agreements are:
- Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA)
- Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
- Facility Use/Service Agreement (FUSA)
- License Agreement (LA)
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA)
Learn More About Our Services For Universities
Our team has particular experience representing universities in matters of export compliance, which is critical for many research departments and in technology transfer matters. To learn more about this area of our practice or any other, call Klimek, Kolodney & Casale, P.C., at 202-785-0491 or send us an email.