Export Compliance/Audits/Voluntary Disclosures
Many compliance issues start with fundamental misunderstandings of what constitutes an export, who is foreign (non-U.S.) for purposes of export control and which nationality governs the analysis for the various control regimes.
At Klimek, Kolodney & Casale, P.C., we provide:
- Education and training in the regulations and implementation of compliance programs that fit your organization’s needs
- Strategies for mitigating risk in the export process
- Assistance with export authorization, including license determination, classification and jurisdiction
- Recordkeeping advice in relation to Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and compliance
- Forensic audits to identify the root causes of export violations and design remedial measures
- Preparation of voluntary disclosures with the applicable agency in matters of civil violations
The Benefits Of A Well-Crafted Export Compliance Program
The U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security touts the importance of having a clear and effective Export Compliance Program (ECP) in place. However, what exactly is an ECP, and what can it do for your company?
An ECP is essentially a program designed to analyze your business’s export-related transactions and guide your future decisions. It is a customized, organized approach to maintaining compliance with the EAR’s extensive and complex requirements.
The benefits of a skillfully crafted ECP are noteworthy. In addition to the lofty honor of helping to safeguard national security, an ECP also protects your company from the financial ramifications of a civil violation. Through employee training programs, practical operational policies, written guidelines and other methods, an ECP ensures that your business is taking the right action at each step of the supply chain.
To learn more about how Klimek, Kolodney & Casale, P.C., can help you create an ECP or address related export controls and audit concerns, contact our lawyers online or call 202-785-0491. Our attorneys offer nationwide representation.